Updates to MeshCAM have been slow for the last week and a half since I’ve been at a factory in China or with manufacturing agents in Hong Kong for most of that time. I tried to find time to go to the factory mold shop and get some photos to post but I never had time. I did manage to get a shot at the company dorms off of the roof of the building I was in. (I was lucky enough to get back to my hotel in HK every night.)
Back to business- the last release was found to have some bugs that I didn’t encounter in testing the new roughing algorithm. Users have supplied me with files and settings that allow me to reproduce the problem. Although I initially thought it would be a quick fix, the problem turns out to be more complicated than expected. There are some bad assumptions in the code to extract the borders of the geometry at each level of roughing. This was new code that I wrote for the roughing rather than to use the same code from the waterline toolpath code. Instead of fixing the new code I’m going to adapt the waterline code to be used for roughing as well. I expect this will also allow me to improve the quality of the waterline code.