If you’ve been watching the download page, you’ve seen a lot of updates in the past week for V7. After lots of R&D, experimenting, and customer feedback, V7 is the most stable it’s been in a while. If you’ve been waiting for a good time to try it out, now is the time.
To summarize what’s new in V7:
- New, hopefully more clear, user interface
- Lots of internal fixes to make toolpaths calculate mroe quickly.
- Expanded Auto Toolpath wizard to make basic suggestions for speeds and feeds.
- The tool edit window will now show a basic outline of the tool you’re defining, which is a great sanity-check to make sure your values match the tool you’re intending to use.
- New 2D toolpath mode that calculates basic 2D parts much quicker and also supports ramped entry instead of just plunges.
As of right now, I don’t have any known bugs in the new V7 interface. If you find any, please send an email to support.
Check out V7 Build 25 here